Latest Update to LightWave Boasts Major New Features –
April 30th, 2007,08:58 PM
Newtek, manufacturer of industry-leading 3D animation and video products, today announced the release of the first free update for Emmy® Award-winning LightWave 3D®. Version 9.2 offers new Material Shaders for easy and accurate representation of real-world surfaces, depth of field, global illumination and anti-aliasing improvements that offer better results in less time, a true 3D motion blur that mimics live-action film and new modeling and selection tools for improved workflow. The LightWave® v9.2 update is now available free to registered owners of LightWave v9.
"I did a test shot for the new Fox series Drive of 2 people on a motorcycle traveling down the road and it's just the most amazing render I've ever done, right out of LightWave, no compositing, it looked completely photoreal," said Jarrod Davis, CG supervisor, Zoic Studios. "LightWave's new motion blur is great for spinning tires, it's spot on perfect. And using the new radiosity we're able to get much more realistic renders. It's so subtle yet so apparent."
"We've set high standards for what we expect to achieve in the development of LightWave," said Jay Roth, president, NewTek 3D division. "With accurate real-world material simulations, unbelievably photoreal motion blur, global illumination, depth of field and anti-aliasing the LightWave render engine has been elevated to a new level far beyond the beautiful renders for which it was already known."
LightWave 3D, version 9.2 Includes:
- Improved depth of field, which offer more realistic results and realtime preview
- A new photoreal, 3D motion blur, which mimics the blur captured on live-action film
- Global Illumination and Radiosity improvements to provide faster and higher quality renders, including the new Final Gather mode
- New Material Nodes, which duplicate real surfaces in a simple one-step manner
- * Dielectric - A physically accurate glass and liquid shader
- * Conductor - A physically accurate metal shader
- * Sigma - A node for sub-surface scattering
- *Simple Skin - A physically accurate skin shader with sub-surface scattering
- New anti-aliasing technology including a new pass technique and new sampling patterns which allow an artist to produce better results in less time
- New modeling and selection tools like Create Rows, Select Entire Loop, Select Entire Surface, Select Entire Part, Select Path, Loop Expand and Loop Contract to improve workflow
Pricing and Availability
The LightWave® v9 Training Bundle is available through April 30, 2007 at authorized NewTek resellers in North America for a suggested retail price of $ 895US. The LightWave v9 Training Bundle includes the LightWave v9 printed documentation set, along with 5 coupons worth hundreds of dollars in FREE training materials. Purchasers will receive the training materials by redeeming the coupons directly with the publishers. Registered owners of LightWave 3D®  or earlier are eligible to purchase an upgrade to LightWave v9 for $ 495US. On July 1, 2007 the suggested retail price for a full license of LightWave v9.2 will increase to $ 895US with PDF documentation and $ 995US with the printed manual set. For more information or to purchase, please visit www.NewTek.com or call NewTek Sales at 1-800-368-5441, for international inquiries dial +1-210-370-8000. To locate a NewTek Authorized Reseller please visit www.NewTek.com/dealers.
With headquarters in San Antonio, Texas, NewTek is a leading provider of full-featured video editing, live production, presentation, animation and special effects tools including LightWave 3D®, winner of the 2003 Primetime Emmy® Engineering Award, 3D Arsenal™, TriCaster™ and VT™. NewTek launched the desktop video revolution in 1990 with the release of the legendary Video Toaster®. The company's products are used worldwide on projects ranging from home video to feature film. Recent television and film projects using NewTek production tools include 300, The Guardian, Ant Bully, The DaVinci Code, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Serenity, Sin City, Fantastic Four, Drive, The 4400, Stargate: SG1, Stargate: Atlantis, Battlestar: Galactica, Prison Break, LOST, CSI, Access Hollywood and Entertainment Tonight, Recent game titles include Shadow of the Colossus, Black, Ridge Racer 6, Burnout Revenge, Driver: Parallel Lines, Quake IV and Heroes of Might and Magic 6. Website: www.NewTek.com