LUMA PICTURES is a feature film VFX studio located a few blocks from the beach off of Abbot Kinney in Venice, California. We maintain a unique culture with an amazingly talented staff that consistently cranks out top notch work. We are currently searching for a talented programmer to fill out our pipeline department.
The ideal candidate will be able to contribute to many aspects of the pipeline. The precise tasks can vary depending on what you bring to the table. The most outstanding responsibilities include:
- Develop python-based systems for project tracking and asset management
- Design and implement clean and efficient user interfaces
- Create tools to increase efficiency and productivity of artists, programmers, and system admins
- 1+ years experience using Python and mysql (php a plus)
- Familiarity with Qt and/or pyQt for UI building
- Strong Linux/Unix background, Mac OSX a plus
- Demonstrated ability designing user interfaces
- Experience with Maya, Shake, Nuke, or queue management software a big plus
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Solid work ethic and a positive attitude in the face of challenging situations.
- Los Angeles Residents or willingness to relocate preferred (Relocation assistance may be available subject to negotiation)
SUBMISSIONS: If you think you fit the bill and want a quick response, email your resume to jobs_Q108@luma-pictures.com Please make the email subject "ATTN: Recruiting - PIPELINE PROGRAMMER". Do not attach images or movie files to your email because they will get filtered out. If you prefer to send hard copies, you can submit them to:
Attention: Recruiting - Pipeline Programmer
248 Westminster Ave
Venice, CA 90291
Submitted materials will not be returned and no phone calls please.