Job Title: Mid-level Lighting TD
Company: Uncharted Territory LLC
Location: Columbia Pictures lot, Culver City, CA
Position: Full time
Timeline: September 2008 – April 2009
We are looking for…
…a great Lighting TD who can realistically light complex cg elements to match live action plates for the in-house VFX unit for the upcoming Roland Emmerich picture “2012”
…someone who has the ability and desire to work closely with the Compositing Supervisor and our Emmy and Oscar winning VFX Supervisors to come up with solutions for the assigned shots and realize the vision of the director
Please send resumes, breakdowns and links to online demos with your full name and “Lighting TD” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you! Do not attach images or movie files to your email because they will get filtered out. If you prefer to send hard copies, you can submit them to:
- Minimum 3 years of photorealistic lighting experience in a feature film or commercial production environment
- Demonstrated artistic ability, please provide:
- Shot breakdowns
- a demo reel illustrating sense of composition, light and color
- Strong foundation in traditional lighting
- Ability to create tools and scripts to facilitate workflow a plus
- Develop methodologies for reduction of render time and improving quality of results integration of 3D elements into live action plates
- Proficiency in Final Render and/or Mentalray. V-ray & Brazil a plus.
- Knowledge of NUKE and/or another compositing package a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. 100% team player.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- An eagle eye when it comes to attention to detail
- Please provide references
ATTN: Recruiting -"Farewell Atlantis" Columbia Pictures
10202 W. Washington Blvd.
Capra Bldg. Ste 110
Culver City, CA 90232
Submitted materials will not be returned and no phone calls please. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.