Animal Logic Produces award -winning design, animation and visual effects for the film, television and advertising industries.
We are currently looking for a Lead Matte Painter with at least 3 - 5 years production experience on feature films managing a crew. This is a technical managerial role.
The position involves working closely with the Art Director and Environment Supervisor to realize the production requirements.
To be successful in the role the following is required of all candidates:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete our online application form via our website www.animallogic.com, specifying ‘Lead Matte Painter’ in the position applying for section.
- Previous experience in a leadership role on a Feature film or Animated Feature project
- Experience in shaping the pipeline for the production of all matte painting elements.
- Understanding the stereoscopic impact on the pipeline
- The ability to create photo-real environments and landscapes that exhibit a strong foundation in photo-realistic traditional and digital art with an emphasis on natural landscapes.
- Have a strong understanding and sympathy for real world materials and lighting, perspective, colour, texture and detail
- Extensive knowledge of matte painting techniques. A high proficiency in Photoshop and display an understanding of 2d compositing software and 3d projection work in Maya and Nuke to enable the integration to be at the highest level. Other software skills that would be an advantage would include Shake and Vue.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Experience in mentoring junior artists
- Ability to work within a strong team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills