Naughty Dog is Hiring!! Lighting Artists for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Santa Monica, CA
www.naughtydog.comAbout our company…
Naughty Dog is the developer of critically acclaimed and top-selling titles including the Crash Bandicoot franchise, Jak and Daxter franchise and Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune. We’re a relatively small team with a highly decentralized and collaborative work environment – we value feedback about any aspect of our game development from any of our team members. We’re a tightly knit group and you can frequently find us participating in yoga sessions in the office, spending lunch playing out on the court basketball, foosball in our lunchroom or around town in our frequent group evenings out. Since Naughty Dog is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment America, we also get a lot of the perks that comes from being in the Sony family – movie screenings on the Sony Pictures lots and discounts on electronics, music, movies and PlayStation hardware and software. Of course, you just can’t beat our location. Naughty Dog is based near the ocean – and beaches – in Santa Monica, California, where beautiful weather and fair temperatures grace us year-round.
Press for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PSX3)
ENVIRONMENT Lighting Artist
Naughty Dog is looking for a fulltime Lighting Artist with extensive knowledge in Vertex Lighting and Light-Mapping using Maya combined with sound knowledge and the use of advanced lighting techniques in the Video Game or VFX industries.
Requirements and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years credited industry experience lighting video game environments; a solid understanding of color theory, thorough knowledge of the contribution of light in complex shading models, ability to work with minimal direction, and proactively collaborate with programming staff to achieve mood and art style for game environments.
- This position will require the extensive use of proprietary tools and understanding technical challenges involved when breaking new ground in game development.
·Advanced experience with Maya and creating simple Mel scripts will be a plus
·Experience with HDRI Lighting techniques
·VFX Compositing experience
CINEMATIC Lighting Artist
Naughty Dog is looking for a Cinematic Lighting Artist with strong skills in Character and Shot Lighting.
Requirements and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years credited industry experience lighting characters; a solid understanding of color theory, familiarity with the interaction of light and complex shading models, ability to work with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated experience in developing various lighting styles and the ability to maintain continuity over a large number of shots.
- Scripting experience and data management skills.
·Practical lighting know-how
·VFX, VFX Compositing Experience
- Experience with high-volume output in a real-time environment
Please include a demo reel or examples of professional work (Online Preferred), a breakdown of your contributions to the shot, and an accompanying resume.
Recruiter @ Naughty Dog