Nitrogen Studios Canada Inc. is a Vancouver based full service animation studio currently in a multi year production on several movies and four consecutive TV seasons of one of the world’s leading children’s brands. We are giving Thomas the Tank Engine a full CGI makeover and have assembled a top notch crew from amongst the most talented people in the industry in our brand new 23,000 sq ft facility in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. www.nitrogenstudios.com
We are currently seeking a Senior VFX Animator/TD for immediate hire to join our team.
- Work closely with VFX Supervisor and Studio Director to help design, build and implement EFX rigs in Maya
- Create theatrical feature level effects for use within our pipeline
- Mentor and guide junior level VFX animators
- Assist VFX Supervisor and department coordinator in ensuring timely delivery of all effects assets through our pipeline
- Work closely with other TDs, Lighters, Compositors, and Render Wranglers to ensure smooth implementation of all effects through our pipeline
- 3+ years feature film production experience with Maya particle systems
- Working knowledge of other effects software, such as RealFlow.
- Working knowledge and understanding of 3D lighting and compositing – particularly NUKE
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to work within a team in our fast paced production environment
- Must be self motivated and have a strong desire to produce the highest possible quality effects within our production schedule
- Must have strong demo reel of realistic effects animation – with particular emphasis on smoke and fluids
All interested applicants please email your resume, pasted into the body of the email – NO ATTACHMENTS PLEASE – to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include a link to your portfolio website.
Demo reels may also be sent to:
Nitrogen Studios Canada Inc.,
708 Powell Street,
Please do not call our studio as we cannot accept job applications by phone. No demo reels will be returned.