We are looking for a Lead Render Engineer to supervise the render engineering team and the render wrangling team and manage the render farm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Lighting Leads / Look dev Leads to ensure that setups are optimized for memory utilisation and minimize render times while not affecting quality.
• Work with the RnD team to improve the rendering tool-set and pipeline.
• Ensure clear, concise and up to date documentation and training exists for rendering tools and pipeline.
• Work with Production to manage the day to day running of the render engineering team.
• Assist with render engineering work if the schedule permits.
• Attend desk rounds with all members of the team on a daily basis.
• Chair a regular department meeting encouraging all members of the team to contribute idea's.
• Encourage members of the render engineering team to broaden their skill set if the schedule permits.
• Identify suitable leads within the department to act as points of contact for a show.
• Work with HR to identify potential candidates for any new hires and participate in interviews.
• Participate in performance reviews for all members of the team.
• Assist in the creation of render forecast for shows
• Ensure effective deployment of as many resources concurrently as possible according to priority.
• Monitor long running and high memory farm jobs through scripted automation
• Establish and maintain documentation for Wranglers, Engineers and TDs
• Work with Data Wrangler lead to assist where possible with data wrangling and highlight / resolve potential disk problems
• Be contactable beyond regular working hours for critical render related issues
• Ensure both the render engineering and wrangling team meets and exceeds their responsibilities. Offer them any assistance, training, and general support they need to allow efficient company wide rendering.
• Experience in working with PRMan, in a film post production environment.
• Very good knowledge of Alfred. Knowledge of other farm scheduling software a bonus (proprietary, open source of commercial).
• Good communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Very good understanding of production pipelines.
• Good understanding of Linux / Unix based operating systems
• General understanding of programming / software development. Especially proficiency with MEL and Python scripting / programming.
Salary: Competitive remuneration package
Contract: 12 months
Start Date: Immediate
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are interested please click on the following link and apply online- http://www.moving-picture.com/index....nology&loc=ldn