We are a Boutique VFX and Post house located in Burbank, CA. We service features, TV shows and documentaries for all stages of VFX and picture post processing using streamlined Final Cut Pro workflows.
We currently have an opening for a full time VFX Supervisor/VFX artist for a TV series commencing on/around Jan 14th 2011 and running through to mid-August.
In this position you will act on our behalf as the hands-on go to person on set for all on set VFX work. You will also be required to complete VFX shots during times where on set VFX supervision is not required.
You must have excellent production communication and liaison skills between the main production players and our team.
As a highly organized and energetic problem solver you love constructing and updating VFX breakdowns, constantly being part of the on-set VFX consultation/coordination and will have a solid understanding of the VFX production workflow requirements to keep our team within budget and schedule.
- At least 3 years in either a VFX Supervisor and/or Lead VFX Generalist/Artist on various productions.
- An undergraduate degree in computer science or related field an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of all major VFX software programs
- Strong and clear communication and management skills – both written and verbal.
- A proven sense of both artistic and technical abilities
To apply, please submit a cover letter/resume and weekly salary requirements with a link to your online website/portfolio to:
- Attend and participate in both series producer and vfx team production meetings as required.
- Create VFX breakdowns for each script to determine maximum VFX shot list allowance with production.
- Consult with production to determine VFX resource requirements.
- Work closely with all departments to provide on set technical direction to ensure VFX sequence shots are set up, as well as to obtain asset and element creation.
- Work closely with lead VFX Artist to setup an specific element requirements for any given sequence in an episode.
- Assist pipeline and systems departments to test and implement new VFX tools and develop new methodologies for the series.
Due to the number of anticipated responses, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.