Gradient Effects is a vibrant VFX Studio focusing on feature films,
located in the heart of Marina Del Rey, California.
Our Leaders are expatriate artists, managers, and former group leaders from leading VFX Companies.
We have a decidely unique and relaxed yet exciting, entrepreneurial atmosphere
that emphasizes Research and Development in Artistic and Scientific Fields.
We are looking for like minded and spirited artists to join our team immediately.
We are filling several lead, senior, mid and junior positions for two high profile 3d Stereo feature film projects, each of which are unique opportunities to join and contribute to our cutting edge VFX team.
We're looking for artists who are not only great at their craft, but are also capable of training, critiquing and mentoring other artists.
Maya/Houdini Effects Developer/Artist
* Strong vector, matrix, vector field ( CFD ) and physics math skills with the ability to derive unique solutions to novel effects problems
* Ability to break a complex task into simpler subtasks
* a good understanding of computer resources, like memory and storage
* expert production knowledge
* Unforgiving attention to detail and strong image composition skills
* Ability to create custom python, mel or hscripts scripts
* Understanding of a float-based and 10bit log based color pipeline
* Python Shell and Linux OS scripting
* +3 years of production experience is a plus
* Renderman shading language and expert knowledge of the Renderman Interface ( RIB )
* C and C++ is plus ( Maya API or Houdini SDK )
* excellent communication skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
Salary commensurate with experience
All openings are immediate
Local applications only, relocation cost are not covered for these positions
Must be eligible to work in the US.
How to Apply:
Each Application should include:
*Subject Line: Maya / Houndini FX Developer
*Resume in plain text ( no attachments ), just copy and paste as text into email
*Links to imdb, online reel.
Do not send attachments
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Gradient Effects LLC
Attn: Maya / Houndini FX Developer
4120 Del Rey Ave , CA 90292, USA .