Who is Gener8?
Gener8 is revolutionizing the exploding market for 3D feature film production. Our partners and customers are the world's major motion-picture studios. We work with industry leaders such as Sony Pictures, Warner Entertainment and Columbia Pictures with the primary objective of helping to produce the highest-quality, top-grossing stereoscopic 3D releases.
"Gener8 is setting the standard for 3D post translation. Their stereo process starts with principal photography and leads into post migrating with VFX giving me the flexibility to design the stereo in a facility atmosphere without the pressures of on-set production. This unique approach has changed the way I think of post 3D its a game changer!"
Craig Mumma, Stereographer, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Why Work Here?
We want to secure the best and brightest local and international talent, and believe we have taken the right steps to do so. Here is why people love working here!
Why does this particular role rock?
- We are in massive growth mode, and have ambitious plans for our future
- New divisions, new technology creation, and room for advancement are all around you
- Everyone, including you, has the opportunity to shape our culture
- Bring your ideas and we promise to listen to them … this is one of our core values
- You will work on AAA film productions
- Who doesn’t want to say they worked on a blockbuster movie to their friends and family?
- We organize fun events like going to see our new movies together before they are released
- Transit, popcorn, ticket, and fun all included
- You get to work with top level partners such as Sony, Warner Bros, and Columbia Pictures
- Knowing people in the know … you know?
- Excellent Management team, who are leading the way in creating new technology
- Did we mention we are all really, really good looking?
- Think about being surrounded by beautiful people … nothing wrong with that
Each role here has its own super special advantages here at Gener8. This is why you want this one:
Everyone loves a Job Description – so here you go!
- Help shape Gener8’s culture
- You will be a leader here. You can directly change and help develop who we are
- You have the power to design, alter, and improve processes
- Consider yourself the Mr. or Mrs. Fix It
- Right Brains get to work with Left Brains
- That’s right! You can bring structure to an artistic minded team which is awesome
- A great way to either gain experience in the growing industry of Stereo Conversion
- This is an emerging technology and is in high demand
Summary of the Role:
Maintains departmental records and reports used to track elements for the entire production, communicates to departmental personnel the day’s scheduled events affecting them, arranges key meetings and provides general administrative support. Supports Production Management and Lead(s) in internal departmental management and provides first point of contact for department team members. This position will report to the Production Manager.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter and maintain production data in the studio's production database to reflect scheduled, in-progress, and completed departmental work. Collaborate with other coordinators and leads to keep all data accurate and current.
- Schedule meetings at the request of the Production Manager and Leads. Proactively maintain the calendar with alertness to topics, deadlines and conflicts. Manage the schedules of key personnel.
- Ensure proper preparation for all meetings and reviews. Record and publish notes from meetings and reviews that accurately reflect action items and an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Act as a point of coordination of work that enters and leaves the department. Provide administrative support as needed to ensure that communications are accurate and complete.
- Proactively respond to requests for information and assistance from those within and outside of the department.
- Helps maintain a positive team environment.
If you are interested in this position and knowing more, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Our fantastic recruitment and HR team will be ready and waiting to make the entire process a whole lot of fun.
- Three years of practical experience, preferably as a Production Coordinator.
- Understanding of production terminology and the production environment.
- Computer literacy and ability to work with database as well as standard word-processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to work autonomously and on a team.
- Ability to maintain focus on detailed priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to self-organize and follow organization system of the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both in the department, outside of it and across projects.