MPC Vancouver | Technology Production Manager –
April 30th, 2012,01:36 PM
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talents in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
The Technology Production Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Technology and Operations teams as well as maintaining an overall production view of the priority of technology issues and how they relate to production. The Technology Production Manager will work directly with both our Technology and Operations teams in Vancouver and the Technology management team in London.
- Consulting with production and creative staff to ensure that best practices are followed
- Working with the Technology management team to ensure on-time, on-budget execution of the technical strategy
- Day-to-day personnel management of the Data, Render and Systems Support teams
- Ownership of the facility technology budgets
- Managing technology purchasing
- Capacity planning; tracking of production staffing against planned budget with specific regard to digital resources such as desktop deployments, render, data and software licenses
- Work with global Production Operations team to manage the render and data forecasting process for Vancouver
- Tracking of changing production requirements affecting the technology group and communicating of the status of technology initiatives to production
- Providing visibility to technology management of the impact of technology issues and project deliverables to production
- Managing projects and communicating with facilities management, production and technology regarding project statuses
- Working with production to priorities technology issues across multiple departments
- Working with technology management and production management to priorities technology issues affecting Vancouver across multiple productions and multiple sites
- Act as point of escalation for technical service issues
- Facilitate cross-site communication for both production and technology issues
- Previous experience in a management role within VFX or Animation, preferably within a digital or technical department
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent management skills
- Expertise in multi-tasking and managing multiple expectations
- Self-directed and motivated
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with diverse internal and external clients
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Permanent, full-time employment
If this position sounds of interest then please apply via our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!