MPC Vancouver | Facilities Manager –
April 30th, 2012,01:37 PM
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talents in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the management of all building services for our busy VFX studio. The Facilities Manager will take responsibility for building maintenance, security and health and safety. The Facilities Manager will work within our support teams, working directly with our Office Manager, Runners and third party suppliers and reporting to the Global Director of Facilities.
- Accountable for the timely delivery of building services in order to meet the needs of staff and clients
- Ensure that all building services tickets are attended to in a timely manner
- Keeping accurate and complete records of building stock and usage
- Providing thorough and accurate reporting to MPC management
- Overseeing the operational budget for building services and ensuring that it meets the strategic requirements of MPC
- Manage and maintain supplier contracts and constantly ensure MPC receives the best service levels at the best cost
- Manage, maintain and track building inspections and ensure compliance
- Ensure health and safety requirements are adhered to, issues identified promptly and practices are compliant with MPC’s Health and Safety Policy
- Monitor, manage and advise on internal and external physical security
- Liaise with property landlords on day to day building services issues
- Provide training to other departments on evacuation procedures, manual handling and lift safety
- Provide general maintenance and building services to include:
- Touch up painting and decorating
- Replacing light-bulbs
- General maintenance of washrooms
- Setting up of office furniture
- Management of buildings related incidents and outages – power, flood etc.
- Supervising third party trades/contractors
- Previous experience in a facilities management role within the Technology industry is preferred
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Expertise in managing, enhancing, developing and rolling-out new initiatives
- Self-directed and motivated
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with diverse internal and external clients
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience estimating expenses and developing and managing departmental budgets
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Construction Management, Facility Management or equivalent experience preferred
- Occupational First Aid qualification or previous Fire Warden training a bonus
- Previous training in undertaking office ergonomic assessments a plus
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Permanent, full-time employment
If this position sounds of interest then please apply via our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!