MPC Vancouver | Technology Coordinator –
April 30th, 2012,01:38 PM
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world’s leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talents in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
The Technology Coordinator will be responsible or working with the Head of Technology to manage and schedule a team of Software Developers, Pipeline Engineers, Systems Administrators and Render and Data TDs. A Technology Coordinator should have experience working within a technology or software environment and will be keen to develop their skills within visual effects. The Technology Coordinator will work in the Technology Department, working directly with the team and with other Production and Department Coordinators and reporting to the Head of Production.
- Working with the Head of Technology to manage a large technical team
- Working with the Head of Technology to create and maintain schedules for both small and large scale technology projects – to include creating status reports and reporting to Production with project updates
- Planning reviews and assessing the progression of established project plans
- Maintaining databases
- Proven experience in a production or project management position in a similar environment – games, software development etc.
- Outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills with differing personalities and across all levels
- Good general computer skills with particular emphasis on project tracking tools and software
- Must be able to handle multiple changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Previous experience in a VFX or animation environment
- Knowledge or experience of Maya, Nuke or other 2D/3D software
- An educational background in Computer Science or similar technical field
• Location: Vancouver, Canada
• Start Date: Immediate
• Duration: 12 months
If this position sounds of interest then please apply via our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!