DESCRIPTION Technical Rendering Administrators (TRAs) support the 24x7 rendering production of DreamWorks' animated feature films. In this entry-level but mission critical role, TRA's touch all aspects of the technical production pipeline. They have broad interaction with production artists from fx, animation, lighting, layout and modeling departments as well as technical directors and technology teams.
- Monitor, manage and keep the render farm running at maximum capacity.
- Monitor, manage and check rendered shots, verifying delivery for dailies & rounds.
- Maintain rendering priorities and resource allocations for various productions.
- Assist artists with render job submissions and errors.
- Monitor infrastructure servers and escalate problems.
- Handle studio help desk calls after hours and on weekends. QUALIFICATIONS - Must have experience working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Strong scripting/programming skills. Must be proficient with shell scripting, Python is a plus
- Fundamental systems administration skills and general technical troubleshooting experience.
- 2D/3D graphics software knowledge a plus
- Preferably a B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups.
- Ability to handle a fast paced, occasionally high pressure environment.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness to work very flexible hours, including weekends, evenings or nights when production schedules require.
Please Note: This is a temp to perm position. Starting shift available: OVERNIGHT (11 p.m. - 8 a.m.)
EMAIL ALL RESUMES TO JOBS@DREAMWORKS.COM