What kind of facilities were used to render these fluid simulations?
I would like to know how much of your effects are achievable through RealFlow straight out of the box? What type of effects specifically require custom programming to achieve?
Thanks for your time!
I would like to know how long it took to render the CG scenes and if you use a built in rendering engine, or used third party. Also, what sort of render farm did you use and the specs.
I could imagine the simulations could have taken a long time to calculate the waves, splashes and reactions.
Michael S. Copeland
How happy are you with th results, are they as photo real as you had expected them to be? Did you run in to major problems and if so how did you get round them? What makes RealFlow your choice and how easy is it to work with/develop?
Appreciate the opportunity. Haven't seen the movie yet and haven't worked with RF4, so my questions might seems a bit nieve, but here they are (mostly for Mark):
1) Did you use geometry for small ripple-like effects or are they preocedurally shaded?
2) What package did you use for modelling and import/export to/from RF?
3) What renderer did you use?
4) How did you handle large scenes? lots of bin-loaders?
5) Did you use any other non-RF technologies and for what effects did you find them useful?
6) Was there a good deal of compositing of CG fluids along with live action fluids.
7) How did you create foam effects? I remember with RF 3 there was some talk of using pressure to map UVs - did you do something similar?
8) And lastly, what couldn't be done in CG and had to be shot?
Cheers. Look forward to the movie when it comes out in South Africa.
Here are your answers guys
The VFXTalk Team
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)